What Is The 2023 Walmart Holiday Schedule?
As the largest U.S. retailer, many people rely on Walmart for their basics and household goods. Since it’s the primary shopping spot for many people, it’s important to know on what holidays Walmart closes, and when the store is open. While there are 11 federal holidays throughout the year, these holidays aren’t universal to everyone in the U.S. They only legally apply to federal employees, so even on these holidays, many stores remain open. If you’re planning to head out to the store, here’s this year’s Walmart holiday schedule.
2023 Walmart Holiday Schedule
- Sunday, January 1: Walmart is open on New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 16: Walmart is open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, February 14: Walmart is open on Valentine’s Day
- Monday, February 20: Walmart is open on Presidents’ Day
- Friday, March 17: Walmart is open on St. Patrick’s Day
- Friday, April 7: Walmart is open on Good Friday
- Saturday, April 8: Walmart is open on Easter Saturday
- Sunday, April 9: Walmart is open on Easter Sunday
- Monday, April 10: Walmart is open on Easter Monday
- Sunday, May 14: Walmart is open on Mother’s Day
- Monday, May 29: Walmart is open on Memorial Day
- Sunday, June 18: Walmart is open on Father’s Day
- Tuesday, July 4: Walmart is open on Independence Day
- Monday, September 4: Walmart is open on Labor Day
- Tuesday, October 9: Walmart is open on Columbus Day
- Tuesday, October 31: Walmart is open on Halloween
- Saturday, November 11: Walmart is open on Veteran’s Day
- Thursday, November 23: Walmart may be open on Thanksgiving Day, but for limited hours
- Friday, November 24: Walmart is open on Black Friday
- Sunday, December 24: Walmart is open, but some stores may close early on Christmas Eve
- Monday, December 25: Walmart is closed on Christmas Day
- Sunday, December 31: Walmart is open on New Year’s Eve
- Monday, January 1: Walmart is open on New Year’s Day 2024
Walmart is open every day of the year except Christmas Day. There are some days when their stores open for limited hours (Thanksgiving) and extended hours (Black Friday), but they are open at least some part of the day for the rest of the year. Some Walmart stores may also have extended hours during the Christmas shopping season.
2023 Walmart Store Hours
Walmart doesn’t have a standard set of opening hours for all its stores. The time Walmart stores are open will vary from location to location. No Walmart locations are 24 hours anymore though, so you will need to check your local store hours to be sure. The best way to find out the hours of a local Walmart store is to use the official Walmart store locator tool. This will give you the opening hours of each Walmart store.
The above information is general information regarding when Walmart stores will be open for business. A variety of incidents can cause exceptions to the above information. For example, specific stores may close due to damage to the store, and there can be closures due to severe weather as well. It’s always best to call and confirm with your store if you have any doubt about it being open or closed.
- What You Should Know About Walmart Cash Back
- Guide to the Walmart Electronics Return Policy
- Walmart Money Center Hours
- Does Walmart Cash Checks?
Photo: Mike Mozart
Amanda is a full-time website manager and blogger. She is currently hacking her debt by saving money and investing, all while trying to kickstart a family and enjoy her adult life. In her free time she enjoys spending time with friends, entertaining (throwing parties), reading, doing puzzles and kayaking.