Cool Adult Piggy Banks That Will Inspire You To Save
Did you have a piggy bank as a child? If so then you might recall the joy of watching it fill up. It’s really a satisfying feeling. You might be surprised to discover that you can still feel that as an adult. Drop your coins or dollars into a fun physical piggy bank and try not to feel good about it. It’s hard. Therefore, getting yourself a fun piggy bank can be a surprisingly easy way to start saving more money. And there are some really cool adult piggy banks out there that make it even more fun.
Cool Adult Piggy Banks on Etsy
Personally, I think Etsy is the best place to look for cool adult piggy banks. After all, you can always find something unique there. Plus, you’re supporting an independent creative maker when you shop on Etsy. Therefore, you can feel good about shopping for an item that’s designed to help you save money.
Pig-Shaped Piggy Banks
The classic pig-shaped piggy bank might be the perfect choice for you. Etsy has a wide variety of these. Personally, I think they have a retro feel that makes them fun. They’re classic. They’re cute. Depending on your home’s decor, they might fit right in. I love that they immediately bring up childhood nostalgia. Plus, you instantly know what that piggy bank is for. Place it on your counter and you’ll always have a reminder to save your money.
Etsy’s Zakkr sells a cute concrete one that’s faceless except for a huge snout where you insert the coins. As of the writing of this post, LaDeesAntiques has a vintage copper pig-shaped bank that’s got a lot of style. Of course, Etsy’s offerings change a lot but you’ll find a lot of cool adult piggy banks there all of the time.
Cool Adult Piggy Banks with Phrases
One of the best things about Etsy is how you can easily personalize things. Therefore, you’ll find a lot of cool adult piggy banks here that you can personalize with your own name or messages. You’ll also find a lot of designs that came with messages printed on them already. These range from funny to practical to inspiring. A few examples I’ve seen just glancing at Etsy today include:
- A piggy bank with three slots for “save, spend, give.” This is genius for budgeting your savings.
- Etched glass box that reads “From a small dream to a big goal.” That’s the kind of inspiration that can help you stick to savings.
- Words that indicate what the specific savings is for such as “wanderlust” or “wedding fund” or “tattoo cash.”
- A jar that reads “whatever the fund I want”
- Various cool adult piggy banks for women reading things like “girl boss” and “girls just wanna have funds” and “beautiful broke b*tch.”
- The piggy bank that reads, “I have good taste but I don’t have the money to prove it.”
Other Cool Adult Piggy Banks on Etsy
First of all, even though we’re talking about adult piggy banks, I have to just say that Etsy also has an amazing array of cute children’s piggy banks. And many of these are cute for adults as well. So don’t limit yourself to those labeled for adults. And consider getting piggy banks for everyone in the family. Savings is a family affair after all. Some of the other cool piggy banks on Etsy right now that I like include:
- A wooden one that looks like a wine barrel. Maybe you’re saving for your wine fund.
- Ceramic ones in various animal shapes. Personally, I like the bee. But you could get any animal that inspires you.
- Wooden letters that you fill up with change. You could get several to spell out an inspiring phrase. I always make a “word of the year” so that would be a great goal to fill up all of the letters of my word before year’s end.
- One that looks like a vintage gas station pump. I don’t even know why I think this is so cute but it really caught my eye.
- Actual vintage piggy banks which are usually metal, copper, or ceramic. There are so many unique styles and these feel the most grown-up of all to me.
- Piggy banks that look like other various vintage items including a retro camera, a VW bus, and an old phone booth.
- A ceramic one that looks like a balloon animal dog. This eclectic bright green one caught my eye as a fun decor piece.
- There’s one that looks like a toilet. I personally wouldn’t get this one but if you like the humor of “flushing your money down the toilet” then this might be just right for you.
- Wooden boxes handpainted with whimsical designs.
There’s really something for everyone here. So, if you’re looking for cool adult piggy banks then Etsy is a great place to start.
Other Places to Find Cool Adult Piggy Banks
Of course, you don’t have to shop at Etsy if that’s not your favorite online shopping platform. You can find cool adult piggy banks for sale all around the web. And chances are that novelty and gift stores around you will also have some options for local shopping. As far as online goes, you might want to check out:
Amazon’s Piggy Banks
You can obviously find just about everything on Amazon and piggy banks are no exception. I like the one by HUSAN that looks like an ATM machine. I love the idea of putting my money into one instead of taking money out. It’s actually advertised for kids but I think it’s great for adults. They also have one that looks like a vintage gumball machine that’s really cute. And a variety that look like stainless steel safes, which is a fun choice for adults.
Target’s Adult Piggy Banks
You’ll find a fun selection online at Target as well. They have a plush blue pig-shaped one that I think is adorable. They have a variety of other animals. Plus they have a rocket ship, which might be a particularly appropriate tool for savings right now when the headlines are all about being able to afford to fly into space! But honestly my favorites here are the super simple distressed wooden boxes. They’d go with any decor.
Other Online Options for Piggy Bank Shopping
A Buzzfeed article that also rounds up lots of cool adult piggy banks includes items sold by:
- Pottery Barn
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond
- Urban Outfitters
- Uncommon Goods
- Saks Fifth Avenue
That’s right, even Saks has piggy banks! Look around; you might be surprised just how many options there are!
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.
Check out these helpful tools to help you save more. For investing advice, visit The Motley Fool.